Perennially on the cutting edge of design and development, Apple remains a preferred company for those seeking a top quality career. With competitive compensation, a fast-paced and enjoyable work environment, and motivated employees, it’s no coincidence that Apple was ranked 10th on Forbes’s list of best companies to work for.
Here are a few of the company’s most desirable positions, and what you’ll expect to make in each position:
- Software Engineer. When working as an Apple software engineer, you’ll work closely with apple executives and creative professionals in designing the latest iOS and OS X platforms. You’ll also implement updates and improvements in software, troubleshoot glitches, and design improved internet security software. You’ll expect to earn approximately $90,000-$140,000 (depending on experience), with a $5,000-$29,000 bonus. As a senior software engineer, you can make as much as $220,000 (including the bonus).
- Apple Genius. This position will require you to troubleshoot issues that customers have with their apple products. Throughout the day, you’ll routinely be required to address hardware issues with iPhones, MacBooks, and Apple Watches. Furthermore, you’ll be asked to deal with a high volume of customer input, so you’ll need to be an effective multi-tasker if you expect to succeed in this position. The starting salary for a Genius is around $29,000, although you can make up to $55,000 with more experience.
- Apple At Home Advisor (AHA). When working as an AHA, you’ll work from the comfort of your own home. Primarily, you will provide technical support for customers, and troubleshoot any issues that arise. As an AHA, you’ll earn anywhere from $23,000-52,000.
- Visual Designer. As you might expect, this position requires a high level of creativity and experience in graphic design. In this position, you’ll work with other apple designers and editors to implement sleek new software designs for iTunes and other platforms. As a visual designer for Apple, you’ll make around $100,000 per year, and may earn as much as $140,000 depending on your experience. Because of its highly competitive salary and job functions, this position is one of the more competitive and sought after in the company.
- Financial analyst. If you’re more interested in the numbers side of things, consider working as a financial analyst for Apple. As a financial analyst, you’ll use your expertise to provide sound investment advice and strategies for the company. You should earn anywhere from $60,000-110,000 depending on experience, with a bonus in the range of $1,000-$13,000.
- CEO. Just how big is Tim Cook’s salary? Well, not as big as you’d think. Compared with Bill Gates’s annual salary of approximately 12.7 billion per year, Apple CEO Tim Cook makes around $4.25 million. In other words, Tim Cook makes as much per year as Bill Gates makes in about 3 hours. Either way, it’s safe to assume that both CEOs are living comfortably.
Finding a career with Apple may be difficult, but ending up with a career you love is certainly worth the time and effort. As Confucius once said, “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” Happy Hunting!